The Dr. Bott Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter Pro with Optical Audio transmits the Audio and Video signals from your Mac with mini DisplayPort to an HD-TV or Home Cinema setup with HDMI. Audio is picked up from the optical lineout of the computer and passes the digital signal to the TV set without any loss or modification.
No software or drivers need to be installed on a Mac. Audio and Video ports are recognized automatically and are configured using the familiar control panels in System Preferences.
When optical digital Audio is connected, the Mac drives the internal speakers and the optical audio from a single port, automatically deactivating the internal speakers.
- HDMI 1.3b (f) - Video out & Audio out
- Mini DisplayPort 1.1a (m) - Video in
- Compatible with all computers equipped with mini DisplayPort
- Supports Full HD (1080p, 1080i) and HD Ready (720p)
- Apple Mini Jack Optical Audio Input (mini Toslink jack)
- All audio formats supported by HDMI, including:
- 5.1 LPCM Audio (uncompressed)
- 5.1 DTS Digital, Dolby Digital Audio (compressed)
- USB is used for power supply only
- iMac Intel 17"
- iMac Intel 20"
- iMac Intel 24"
- Mac mini Early 2009
- MacBook 13 Aluminum Unibody OCT 2008
- MacBook Air JUN 2009
- MacBook Air OCT 2008
- MacBook Pro 15 Unibody Late 2008
- MacBook Pro 17 Unibody Early 2009
- MacBook Pro 17 Unibody Mid 2009